Which Wolf Will You Feed?
A Grandfather's Wisdom
An American Indian grandfather was talking to his beloved grandson about his feelings:
||I have two wolves fighting in my heart.
One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one.
The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one.
Grandson: Which wolf will win the fight in your heart, Grandfather?
Grandfather: The one that I feed.
We all have anger and hatred in us. It is but a matter of degree. We also all have love, beauty, and goodness in us. It is but a matter of degree. We have choice in which of these we choose to feed and develop in ourselves.
The above short, deeply meaningful story comes from the Institute of HeartMath (IHM): http://www.heartmath.org. The primary mission of IHM is to facilitate people in finding the balance between mind and heart in life's decisions. Have a great day!
For more inspiration:
- See our awesome collection of a variety of inspiring resources available here.
- For some of the most inspiring short video clips on the Internet, click here.
- Read concise summaries of highly inspiring major media reports available here.
- For several dynamic online courses which powerfully expand your horizons, click here.
- Share the inspiration with your friends and bookmark this article on key news websites using the "Share" icon on this page.
- We need your support. Please help our work to grow and thrive by donating at this link.
See the exceptional collection of resources in our Inspiration Center
Kindly support this work: Donate here.
Explore the mind and heart expanding websites managed by the nonprofit PEERS network:
- PEERS websites: Spreading inspiration, education, & empowerment
- Every person in the world has a heart
www.personalgrowthcourses.net - Dynamic online courses powerfully expand your horizons
- Reliable, verifiable information on major cover-ups
- Strengthening the Web of Love that interconnects us all
Subscribe/Unsubscribe/Change email address: The WantToKnow.info email list (two messages a week)