Which Wolf Will You Feed?
A Grandfather's Wisdom
The following short, deeply meaningful story comes from the Institute of HeartMath (IHM): http://www.heartmath.org. The primary mission of IHM is to facilitate people in finding the balance between mind and heart in life's decisions. Have a great day and new year ahead!
An American Indian grandfather was talking to his beloved grandson about his feelings:
||I have two wolves fighting in my heart.
One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one.
The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one.
Grandson: Which wolf will win the fight in your
Grandfather: The one that I feed.
We all have anger and hatred in us. It is but a matter of degree. We also all have love, beauty, and goodness in us. It is but a matter of degree. We have choice in which of these we choose to feed and develop in ourselves.
For more inspiration:
- See our awesome collection of a variety of inspiring resources available here.
- For some of the most inspiring short video clips on the Internet, click here.
- Read concise summaries of highly inspiring major media reports available here.
- For several dynamic online courses which powerfully expand your horizons, click here.
- Share the inspiration with your friends and bookmark this article on key news websites using the "Share" icon on this page.
- We need your support. Please help our work to grow and thrive by donating at this link.
See our collection of inspirational resources at www.WantToKnow.info/inspirational
Your tax-deductible donations, however large or small, help greatly to support this important work.
To make a donation by credit card, check, or money order:
Explore the mind and heart expanding websites managed by the nonprofit PEERS network:
- PEERS websites: Spreading inspiration, education, & empowerment
- Every person in the world has a heart
www.personalgrowthcourses.net - Dynamic online courses powerfully expand your horizons
- Reliable, verifiable information on major cover-ups
- Strengthening the Web of Love that interconnects us all
To reply to this message, visit http://www.WantToKnow.info/contactus.php
To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the WantToKnow.info list (one email every few days):