Iceman Wim Hof
The Iceman Says We Are All Superhuman
"I do not fear death. I fear not living fully." ~~ Iceman Wim Hof
Iceman Wim Hof holds 20 world records, including the record for staying submerged up to his neck in an ice bath – almost two hours.
ABC News reported that in 2002, "dressed only in a swimsuit, he dove under the ice at the North Pole and earned a Guinness World Record for the longest amount of time swimming under the ice: 80 meters [262 feet]."
Scientists have closely studied this unusual Dutchman and verified that he has the highly rare ability to stay submerged in ice water for over an hour without significantly lowering his core body temperature.
The tragic death of Wim Hof's wife at an young age initially sent him spiraling deep into depression. Yet as a single father of four young children, he knew he had to carry on. His experiments immersing his body in ever more challenging frigid environments eased the depression and helped him to cope with his misfortune. Out of this incredibly adversity was born the iceman.
Yet possibly the most awesome thing about Wim Hof is that he says "What I do, anybody can do." Hof claims he has found and refined an untapped evolutionary potential that lies hidden inside every human body. If fact, through a combination of meditation, breathwork, and more, he has trained many dozens to do feats most people believe to be impossible.
Matt Shea of Vice set out to see if all this could possibly be true and made a fascinating, inspiring documentary of his life-changing experience. Watch this incredible 40-minute film at the link below:
For more on this most inspiring man, explore the links below. May we all open to the infinite possibilities that lie within each one of us.
With very best wishes,
Fred Burks for the PEERS empowerment websites
Links for more information on Iceman Wim Hof:
- Wikipedia article on Iceman Wim Hof
- 2008 ABC News article: Iceman on Everest: 'It Was Easy'
- 2011 Huffington Post article: Wim Hof, Dutch 'Iceman,' Controls Body Through Meditation
- 2014 Daily Mail (UK) article (great photos): Dutch father-of-five dubbed the Iceman ... sets world record for climbing Everest in just his shorts
- Wim Hof method video course (fee required)
- See our awesome collection of inspiring resources in our Inspiration Center.
- Watch some of the most inspiring short video clips on the Internet.
- Read concise summaries of highly inspiring major media reports.
- Explore dynamic online courses which powerfully expand your horizons.
- Share the inspiration with your friends and bookmark this page on key social networking websites using the "Share" icon on this page.
See the treasure trove of resources in our Inspiration Center
Kindly support this work: Donate here
www.momentoflove.org - Every person in the world has a heart
www.personalgrowthcourses.net - Dynamic online courses powerfully expand your horizons
www.WantToKnow.info - Reliable, verifiable information on major cover-ups
www.weboflove.org - Strengthening the Web of Love that interconnects us all
Subscribe here to one of the two popular PEERS email lists