Apollo Lunar Landing Video Tape Mystery
"The [lunar landing] tapes aren't lost, says the NASA official in charge of the search. But he doesn't know where they are." -- Seattle Times/Associated Press
How did NASA manage to lose the original high-quality videotapes of the first lunar landing and all of the Apollo missions? The historic Apollo videotapes have recently been found again, according to news reports and a press release on the NASA website, and "15 key moments" were shown recently for the first time at the Newseum in Washington, DC. Yet the new clips shown raise more questions than they answer.
Almost exactly 40 years ago, on July 20, 1969, NASA's first successful moon landing brought us those famous words from Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." A huge milestone in the history of mankind had been crossed.
Yet for all the importance of this amazing feat, somehow NASA claims that the original high-quality video tapes went missing. As revealed in a report by the Seattle Times/Associated Press nearly two years ago:
NASA said Tuesday it was launching an official search for more than 13,000 original tapes of the historic Apollo moon missions. Everything from all 11 missions from launch to splashdown is on the videos. What's missing are the never-before-broadcast clear original videos, not the grainy converted pictures the world watched on television. The tapes aren't lost, says the NASA official in charge of the search. But he doesn't know where they are. The original video, taken directly from the moon and beamed to deep space network observatories in Australia, has never been seen by the general public or even NASA officials.
How could NASA lose vital documentation from one of the most important events in human history? Wouldn't NASA scientists have been dying to pour over these high quality images and investigate every aspect of the lunar surface in the images? Yet according to this article, NASA officials never even saw the original footage. Why not? And why weren't these landmark videos made available to all interested back in 1969?
As mentioned above, NASA claims that the tapes were recently found. An intriguing report in the U.K.'s Daily Express on June 28th stated "The Sunday Express can now reveal that the missing tapes containing the original high quality images have been found." Yet strangely, a Google search reveals Fox News was the only other media outlet to report on this important finding. Yet NASA then later confirmed the finding with their July 13th press release stating some greatly improved moon landing videos would be released. Now comes the even more bizarre news today from this Reuters report:
The original recordings of the first humans landing on the moon 40 years ago were erased and re-used. They were part of a batch of 200,000 tapes that were degaussed – magnetically erased – and re-used to save money. But newly restored copies of the original broadcast look even better. NASA released the first glimpses of a complete digital make-over of the original landing footage that clarifies the blurry and grainy images of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walking on the surface of the moon.
The full set of recordings, being cleaned up by Burbank, California-based Lowry Digital, will be released in September. Lowry, best known for restoring old Hollywood films, has been digitizing these along with some other bits and pieces to make a new rendering of the original landing. The preview is available at www.nasa.gov.
What's going on here? NASA loses the tapes of one of the most important landmark events in human history. Then they find them, but parts have been erased to save money. And now Hollywood is being paid to restore the videos. How could anyone allow these historic tapes to be erased to save money? How could they even have been lost in the first place? I don't doubt that the Apollo missions went to the moon, but there does appear to be some kind of cover-up and manipulation going on here.
Hundreds of military and government witnesses have gone on record claiming a major cover-up around UFOs. Among them are a former chief of the CIA, the former chiefs of defense of the UK and Canada, and two NASA astronauts, including Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon. Could the moon landing video tapes have contained some images with UFOs or other objects that they didn't want the public to see?
Posted April 19, 2009
Article written by Fred Burks for PEERS and WantToKnow.info. Fred served as personal language interpreter to Clinton, Bush, Cheney, Gore, and other top dignitaries in secret meetings. As part of an international network of researchers and news analysts, Fred obtains and disseminates key, reliable information about powerful, yet little-known forces which shape our world. For more of his articles, click here.
Final Note: WantToKnow.info believes it is important to balance disturbing cover-up information with inspirational writings which call us to be all that we can be and to work together for positive change. Please visit our Inspiration Center at https://www.WantToKnow.info/inspirational for an abundance of uplifting material.
See our exceptional archive of revealing news articles.
Please support this important work: Donate here
www.momentoflove.org - Every person in the world has a heart
www.personalgrowthcourses.net - Dynamic online courses powerfully expand your horizons
www.WantToKnow.info - Reliable, verifiable information on major cover-ups
www.weboflove.org - Strengthening the Web of Love that interconnects us all
Subscribe to the WantToKnow.info email list (two messages a week)